Bow and Arrows. Materials Needed: ½ PVC cut to length ¼ Dowels cut to 16 length, need 3 of these 1 Water line cut to 4 length Pencil Eraser

Size: px
Start display at page:

Download "Bow and Arrows. Materials Needed: ½ PVC cut to length ¼ Dowels cut to 16 length, need 3 of these 1 Water line cut to 4 length Pencil Eraser"

Transcription

1 At Least

2 Bow and Arrows Materials Needed: ½ PVC cut to length ¼ Dowels cut to 16 length, need 3 of these 1 Water line cut to 4 length Pencil Eraser Nylon String cut to 36 length 2 pieces Duck Tape 3 lengths 220 sandpaper Saw Drill Instructions: Bow: Lightly sand markings off of pipe. Slide 1 water line over ½ PVC to center line. Drill small hole ½ off each end of PVC. Thread string through one end and double overhand knot. Bend PVC and thread other end of string through hole and again, double overhand knot. This will take two people. Arrows: Please make 3 arrows for each bow. Notch one end of rod 1/8 deep to fit the string of the bow. On the other end, cut ½ masking tape 6 long and wrap the other end of rod. Put eraser on making sure there is a tight fit. Feathers: Looking down on the notch, position the cut to the 12 and 6 o clock position. Wrap one piece of tape ¾ around the rod (about 1 down from the end of the rod) to the 1 and 5 o clock position. Place the other piece of tape on rod sticky sides together. Trim with scissors to look like a feathered vane.

3 Additional Notes: There are several things you can do to make the bow more colorful and fun. You can wrap it with duck tape or electrical tape to give it color (If you choose to do this, be sure that you ve wiped off any dust from sanding). Choosing colored duck tape for the vanes is a great way to add color too. If the instructions for the feathers are confusing, please send an jsparksjohn@yahoo.com. I learned that the reason the feathers are placed to a near 45 degree angle is to help it fly straight in the air keeping it from swaying up and down, left and right. The reason you angle them away from the slant cut is so that they don t hit the bow as they pass. Before submitting please make sure the 3 arrows are attached or packaged with the bow.

7 At Least

8 What you will need: 38 inches of half-inch PVC pipe Cut into: - Six 5-inch sections - One 8-inch section 2 half-inch PVC elbow joints 2 half-inch PVC T-shaped joints 2 half-inch PVC end caps Hacksaw or PVC Cutter Ruler Permanent marker Duct Tape Lightly sand PVC markings off Use a ruler to mark off six 5-inch sections of pipe and one 8-inch sections of pipe. Cut the pipe (this can either be done with a hacksaw or with a special PVC cutting tool available at most hardware or homeimprovement stores). Lay out all pieces as shown. Insert pieces. Do not glue PVC because it will need to come apart later to clean sticky marshmallow goo out. Decorate colored or designed duct tape Attach small bag of small marshmallows with duct tape to a piece of the pipe

9 At Least

11 Felt Mr. Potato Head Mat «Make the Best of Everything Page 1 of 5 6/14/2013 «Words I Wish I Wrote # 10 Top 10 Posts of 2012» January 3rd, 2013 Felt Mr. Potato Head Mat Christmas is over. So is I am a little behind in posting my projects. This felt Mr. Potato Head play mat was actually a Christmas gift for my nephew Kyle. I am so behind in posting my projects that when I made this Felt Mr. Potato head, Kyle was my youngest nephew. And as I type this, Kyle now has a new brother Jacob. I am really starting to feel that felt makes fantastic toys. I put together a felt Christmas tree for my 14 month old son. It was cheap and provided HOURS of entertainment. HOURS! And felt sticks! Its WONDERFUL!!!!

12 Felt Mr. Potato Head Mat «Make the Best of Everything Page 2 of 5 6/14/2013 Unlike a Real Mr. Potato Head, these pieces can be stored easily and also be a great toy to bring while traveling. I obtained this idea of a Felt Mr. Potato head while browsing through Busy Books online. If you have a small child and are even a little crafty. You should Google Busy Books. You will want to make one too! A few Friday nights ago, I nestled down at my Chalkboard table with my usual shopping bag of felt. ( I have become quite the felt hoarder). and my trusty hot glue gun. ( best $1.99 I ever spent). and created this felt Mr. Potato head while watching season 2 of Downton Abbey. Sounds like a perfect winter night. Aye?

13 Felt Mr. Potato Head Mat «Make the Best of Everything Page 3 of 5 6/14/2013 I did my best to create an assortment of items for Kyle to use to decorate his Mr. Potato Head. I wish I could say that I have a pattern for you to follow if you wanted to make one of your own. I don t. I create most of my designs freehand. I also created a pocket for Kyle to store all of his Potato head pieces! I did get to visit Kyle after his baby brother arrived. I forgot to ask him if he liked his gift. He was a little more excited about his baby brother then this:). Either way, I hope this helps him learn and keeps him busy ( for my sister in laws sake).

14 Felt Mr. Potato Head Mat «Make the Best of Everything Page 4 of 5 6/14/ I folded up Kyle s play mat. for easy storage. I think my son will need one of these one of these days. We are trying to teach him to identify his body parts. Something like this might help him learn them. Category: Uncategorized 9 comments to Felt Mr. Potato Head Mat Felt Mr. Potato Head Mat Lesson Plans CraftGossip.com January 4, 2013 at 2:15 am Reply [...] like say to the Dr s office?? You can find this great idea and how to do it yourselfover at Make The Best of Everything. You may also [...] Kristen S- Craft Gossip January 4, 2013 at 2:16 am Reply Love this idea!! Yet again, so creative:) Just posted on Craft Gossip!! Sylvia Charlton January 4, 2013 at 7:41 pm Reply Found you today on craftgossip.com. I love the Mr Potato Head playmat. When I was a child, many many years ago, we had the

Grandpa's Homemade Rocket for About a Dollar!

Grandpa's Homemade Rocket for About a Dollar! Grandpa's Homemade Rocket for About a Dollar! Grandpa and Granny Co. 2012 The most common items needed: (The number of Rocket parts from each item is before the parts name and its proportionate cost is

More information

4-H Youth Development

4-H Youth Development To Make the Best Better 4-H Youth Development Discipline: All Age Level: All Time: 90 minutes Arrow Design & Velocity Next Generation Science Standard : 3-PS2-2 Make observations and/or measurements of

More information

THE AMERICAN BARN DOOR KITE

THE AMERICAN BARN DOOR KITE THE AMERICAN BARN DOOR KITE Oregon Kitemaker s Retreat January 2007 Rod Beamguard 4104 NW 112 th Way Vancouver, WA 98685-3578 (360) 574-8050 home (360) 750-9833 office kytfevr@wa-net.com PLANFORM BARN

More information

Written By: Dozuki System

Written By: Dozuki System KidWash 2 : PVC Sprinkler Water Toy Written By: Dozuki System 2017 www.botsbits.org Page 1 of 8 INTRODUCTION Fun toy with mister jets helps kids beat the heat. This project owes a big debt to the original

More information

You can use a variety of materials for this kite, such as Tyvek, ripstop nylon, Orcon, paper, or mylar or mylar-like plastic gift wrap films.

You can use a variety of materials for this kite, such as Tyvek, ripstop nylon, Orcon, paper, or mylar or mylar-like plastic gift wrap films. Woody's " Woodtick " Fighter Kite This kite is easy to make and easy to fly. It's performance will allow you to learn all fighter kite flying skills, plus put an ear to ear grin on your face. What more

More information

Hillbilly Golf. Included. Game Building Instructions. 2-foot Fence Building Instructions. Bolo making Instructions

Hillbilly Golf. Included. Game Building Instructions. 2-foot Fence Building Instructions. Bolo making Instructions Hillbilly Golf Game Building Instructions Included 2-foot Fence Building Instructions Bolo making Instructions Minus Bar Building Instructions and Minus bar play rules Plus some Extras! Hillbilly Golf

More information

How Scott Builds a Fighter Kite, May 2011 Updated Sept 2018

How Scott Builds a Fighter Kite, May 2011 Updated Sept 2018 How Scott Builds a Fighter Kite, May 2011 Updated Sept 2018 MAKE A TEMPLATE 1. Draw half sail plan on 17x22 pad with 4x4 (1/4 inch) grid. Add ¼ inch extra on nose (for reinforcement) and plenty of extra

More information

Below are the instructions to build a roller-furling unit for under $10. Read the entire process before beginning the project.

Below are the instructions to build a roller-furling unit for under $10. Read the entire process before beginning the project. Greg Cowens' $10 PVC Roller Reefing for CP-16's by Greg Cowen Below are the instructions to build a roller-furling unit for under $10. Read the entire process before beginning the project. Materials: 2

More information

8-GUN CORVETTE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS

8-GUN CORVETTE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS 8-GUN CORVETTE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS THE HULL STEP 1 Fasten the Deck to the Hull. Find the hull. This is a large, pink, ship-shaped piece of insulating foam board. This will form the base of your model

More information

Aliphatic Resin Wood Glue. 18" Fabric Parachute Part #PNC50 Part # Part #11700 Part #J0016. Launch Lug

Aliphatic Resin Wood Glue. 18 Fabric Parachute Part #PNC50 Part # Part #11700 Part #J0016. Launch Lug ADANCED * What you will need to build the Quest High-Q Hobby Knife * Straight Edge Pencil Aliphatic Resin Wood Sanding Sealer & Brush Spray Paint Parts and exploded view of the Quest High-Q Nose Cone 18"

More information

Prop Racer System. User Guide V0210

Prop Racer System. User Guide V0210 Prop Racer System User Guide 59718 V0210 Introduction The CO 2 dragster racing activity is popular with older students, but has eluded elementary students due to its complexity. Pitsco s latest race system

More information

Making a Chin Na / Wing Chun arm

Making a Chin Na / Wing Chun arm Making a Chin Na / Wing Chun arm Total Costs: 1 arm: 16-20 $ 2 arms: 32 to 35 dollars Tools Needed Saw (electric of hand) Drill Patience Material 1 PVC tube, 1 meter (50 cm diameter ) 3,50 $ / (enough

More information

CORN HUSK DOLLS. 2. Lay the bath towels on your worktable to absorb excess water from the husks.

CORN HUSK DOLLS. 2. Lay the bath towels on your worktable to absorb excess water from the husks. CORN HUSK DOLLS I. GOAL: Students will learn how children in the 1840s entertained themselves by making simple toys. II. OBJECTIVES: A. Each child will make a corn husk doll. B. Through discussion and

More information

How to Make a Unique Industrial-Looking PVC Lamp

How to Make a Unique Industrial-Looking PVC Lamp How to Make a Unique Industrial-Looking PVC Lamp copyright 2014 by Brooks Owen Owen Publications Battle Ground, WA 98604-0305 USA ALL RIGHTS RESERVED No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted

More information

Samurai Armor Set: Step by Step

Samurai Armor Set: Step by Step Samurai Armor Set: Step by Step Pack 3 Stages 9-12 1 Contents Stage 9 Pages 29-31 The cuirass side and tassets Stage 10 Pages 32-37 The shoulder plate and tassets Stage 11 Pages 39-41 The shoulder plate

More information

JESUS CALMS THE STORM

JESUS CALMS THE STORM JESUS CALMS THE STORM lesson 16 BIG IDEA The disciples give into fear during a storm on the lake. Jesus calms the storm and questions their faith in him. MEMORY VERSE Mark 4:40 He said to his disciples,

More information

Fin Shape Science Experiment Kit

Fin Shape Science Experiment Kit Kit #00524 Fin Shape Science Experiment Kit Test Different Fin Shapes to Find Out Which One Performs the Best! P/N Description Qty 10079 AT-18/5.4 (Fin Shape Sci Eng. Mount Tube) 1 10118 AT-33/3 (Payload

More information

Evergreen Park Elementary School District 124 District School Supply List School Year Kindergarten

Evergreen Park Elementary School District 124 District School Supply List School Year Kindergarten Evergreen Park Elementary School District 124 Kindergarten Item Baby Wipes 2 Disinfecting Wipes 1 Paper Towel 1 Facial Tissues 3 Sandwich Bags 1 Sealable, Boys only Gallon Size Plastic Bags 1 Sealable,

More information

PART 1 Rocket Assembly

PART 1 Rocket Assembly PART 1 Rocket Assembly Please understand that there are many ways for you to do this. Here is one way Bottle Rocket Lab Activity Student Edition OBJECTIVE: The Student will design, construct, assemble,

More information

Building 'TANGLER' The Fighter Kite That Helped Me Win The 2003 Fighter Kite Line-Touch World Cup Championship. Bruce Lambert

Building 'TANGLER' The Fighter Kite That Helped Me Win The 2003 Fighter Kite Line-Touch World Cup Championship. Bruce Lambert Building 'TANGLER' The Fighter Kite That Helped Me Win The 2003 Fighter Kite Line-Touch World Cup Championship Bruce Lambert kitefighter@yahoo.com The following method of building a fighter kite works

More information

Building the Japanese Arrow for target archery

Building the Japanese Arrow for target archery Building the Japanese Arrow for target archery The purpose of this paper is to help target archers using a Japanese Yumi bow build accurate arrows for target archery. These arrows will have a period appearance

More information

Macrame. Knots and Projects

Macrame. Knots and Projects BCA160 Macrame Knots and Projects Prepared by the North Dakota 4-H Clothing Committee: Peggy Anderson Merry Green Rachel Vettern Gayle Gette Cindy Swenson Sue Wold Macrame is a creative art that can inspire

More information

Make Bruce's High Performance 'F3' Fighter Kite In Less Than 2 Hours For Under $3

Make Bruce's High Performance 'F3' Fighter Kite In Less Than 2 Hours For Under $3 Make Bruce's High Performance 'F3' Fighter Kite In Less Than 2 Hours For Under $3 This article was inspired from a chapter in NORTH AMERICAN FIGHTER KITES, my 400+ page fighter kite book on CD ROM. If

More information

DIY ROCKET LAUNCHER. PVC Tee (no hole) PVC Tee (with hole) 3 x 45* PVC elbow. 1 x cork. 3 x PVC endcap. 1 x bike tube valve.

DIY ROCKET LAUNCHER. PVC Tee (no hole) PVC Tee (with hole) 3 x 45* PVC elbow. 1 x cork. 3 x PVC endcap. 1 x bike tube valve. PVC Tee (no hole) PVC Tee (with hole) DIY ROCKET LAUNCHER 3 x PVC endcap 1 x cork 3 x 45* PVC elbow 1 x bike tube valve 5 x pipe 2 x 2 PVC pipe 2 vinyl tubing (5/16 ) Soda bottle (not pictured) How It

More information

H ow To Buil d A Wa ter Rocket

H ow To Buil d A Wa ter Rocket H ow To Buil d A Wa ter Rocket DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT Brainstorm The first step in the design of a water bottle rocket is brainstorming. Brainstorming is a problem-solving technique that involves the spontaneous

More information

How Do I Install My Garden Master Bucket Garden?

How Do I Install My Garden Master Bucket Garden? How Do I Install My Garden Master Bucket Garden? 1. On the arrival of your Bucket Garden open the bucket and remove the 4 screws from the outside of the bucket rim and pull the 2 buckets apart. Check the

More information

Nancy Neal Elementary PRE-KINDERGARTEN SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST

Nancy Neal Elementary PRE-KINDERGARTEN SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST 2 50 count 9 X 12 Manila Paper 1 50 count 9 X 12 Assort. Construction Paper - Loose 1 184 sheets Facial Tissue 1 8 count Washable Broad Line Markers 2 Each Red Plastic Folder with pockets and brads 1 Each

More information

Your kit contains the following items. Additional Items You May Need. Pre- cut parts Propeller rigging and rubber Sandpaper Covering sheet

Your kit contains the following items. Additional Items You May Need. Pre- cut parts Propeller rigging and rubber Sandpaper Covering sheet Your kit contains the following items Pre- cut parts Propeller rigging and rubber Sandpaper Covering sheet The SkyFox offers great glide performance in a rubber powered plane due to its built up wing.

More information

3 SIZE NAGASAKI HATA

3 SIZE NAGASAKI HATA 3 SIZE NAGASAKI HATA MADE FROM MODERN MATERIALS By Peter (P-air) Stauffer June 2000 The kite and resulting plans and instructions, I have made because of a request by Uli Wahl and Rico Argent, as Rico

More information

Southview Elementary School

Southview Elementary School Kindergarten Supply List 2014-2015 1 box 16 to 24 count crayons 2 boxes of 8 washable markers (Crayola CLASSIC Colors-NO BOLD please) Fat markers- NOT Skinny 10-12 glue sticks 10 sharpened pencils 1 large

More information

Foam Plate Glider: Sonic Silhouette

Foam Plate Glider: Sonic Silhouette Designed by: Ritchie Kinmont Project #40 Page 1/25 Foam Plate Glider: Sonic Silhouette About this project: The Foam Plate Glider Sonic Silhouette is the first in a series of flying glider projects made

More information

Psalm 119:57 NIrV. Jesus has the power to help my friends. The Four Friends Mark 2:1-12. Friends Help a Lame Man Pages 330 to 335.

Psalm 119:57 NIrV. Jesus has the power to help my friends. The Four Friends Mark 2:1-12. Friends Help a Lame Man Pages 330 to 335. OVERVIEW CARD Key Question: Bottom Line: Memory Verse: Bible Story Focus: Coloring Page: Music: Bible Lesson: Story: Who do you need? I need. has the power to help my friends. The Four Friends Mark 2:1-12

More information

Construction Chapters Index

Construction Chapters Index Construction Chapters Index 9 7 8 Chapters Index c. c. c. c. c. c. c7. c8. c9. c0. c. c. c. c. c. c. c7. Balsa Wood Skeleton Strip Planking Hull Fairing Keel Bulb Mould Lead Bulb Casting Keel Construction

More information

WHITE WOLF. X-ray View MID POWER MODEL ROCKET KIT BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS KIT SPECIFICATIONS:

WHITE WOLF. X-ray View MID POWER MODEL ROCKET KIT BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS KIT SPECIFICATIONS: WHITEWOLF-38 PARTS LIST 1 - Nose Cone 1-17" Airframe 1-6" Motor Tube 3 - Aft Fins 3 - Forward Fins 2 - Centering Rings 1-15" Parachute 2 - launch lugs 1-12 Kevlar Shock Cord 1 - Motor Retention >>(screw/washer)

More information

$1 Fighter Kite. Here s how Manny made the conversion from an Eddy kite to a fighter kite.

$1 Fighter Kite. Here s how Manny made the conversion from an Eddy kite to a fighter kite. 6-2007 www.fighterkitecentral.com Manny Alves $1 Fighter Kite $1 Fighter Kite Manny Alves is one of the few masters of figher kite design and construction. Manny has a keen eye for fighter kites; and as

More information

Carving a Custom Seat

Carving a Custom Seat Carving a Custom Seat Seat Carving your own seat from mini-cell, high-density foam is really quite simple and has proven to be more comfortable than any commercially produced seat and often more reasonably

More information

SCOUT PROP BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS & PHOTOS

SCOUT PROP BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS & PHOTOS SCOUT PROP BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS & PHOTOS Companies should be aware that tolerances in lengths of pipe and length of pipe inserted into joints can change the overall dimensions of product demonstration

More information

How to Make a Boffer Arrow

How to Make a Boffer Arrow How to Make a Boffer Arrow By Dean Hitchcox Intro: To make a boffer arrow you should have some experience making other weapons like a sword first. Bows and arrows can be dangerous if not made correctly.

More information

ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS

ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS Ballpark Classics Baseball Game MLB Edition Figure B Read the instructions completely before beginning g assembly. You will need a Phillips screwdriver. 1. Remove the game from the

More information

STEP 1 A. Lay the two Motor Mount Tubes on a flat surface with ends even and Glue them together with White Glue. Allow Glue to set before moving on.

STEP 1 A. Lay the two Motor Mount Tubes on a flat surface with ends even and Glue them together with White Glue. Allow Glue to set before moving on. Prod. No. A51003 Skill Level Three QUEST AEROSPACE, INC PO Box 2409 Pagosa Springs, CO 81147 800-858-7302 Things You ll Need To Assemble this Kit: Pencil and Hobby Knife: White Glue: Aliphatic Resin glue,

More information

The Survival Bracelet

The Survival Bracelet The Survival Bracelet (Free Tutorial PDF) Wildlife Success Stories www.fouroakscrafts.com 1 What is a survival bracelet? It s a decorative and functional bracelet for all ages and genders. The material

More information

Moving Air: 1.B.II Sailboats

Moving Air: 1.B.II Sailboats Moving Air: 1.B.II Sailboats Grade Level 1 Sessions Seasonality Instructional Mode(s) Team Size MA Frameworks WPS Benchmarks Key Words Session I: Introduction to Sailboats and Pictographs 60 minutes Session

More information

In each step, the needed parts are shown the number right below. Locate all parts for the step.

In each step, the needed parts are shown the number right below. Locate all parts for the step. Tools Required for Assembly Phillips Screwdriver, Med Needle Nose Pliers Sandpaper (#400 grit) Hobby Knife Scissors CA Instant Glue Rubbing Alcohol Drill Bit 1/16", 1.6mm 5/64, 2mm 1/8, 3mm 5/32, 4mm Before

More information

Bottle Rocket Launcher P4-2000

Bottle Rocket Launcher P4-2000 WWW.ARBORSCI.COM Bottle Rocket Launcher P4-2000 BACKGROUND: The Bottle Rocket Launcher allows for the exploration of launching rockets using commonly available materials such as plastic soda bottles and

More information

Lesson Plan: Bernoulli s Lift

Lesson Plan: Bernoulli s Lift Lesson Plan: Bernoulli s Lift Grade Level: 5-6 Subject Area: Time Required: Science Preparation: 30 minutes Activity: 3 40-minute classes National Standards Correlation: Science (grades 5-8) Physical Science

More information

A Foundation Of Trust. Hanging By A Thread

A Foundation Of Trust. Hanging By A Thread Hanging By A Thread PROPS: Rope maker (See video at DoingWorks.com/movies.) 1 spool of cord for each team [I like to use 10 lb (4 kg test, 525 feet (160 meters) sisal cord] 1 spool of cord to use for demonstration

More information

The Wobble Bugger by Michael Lack

The Wobble Bugger by Michael Lack The Wobble Bugger by Michael Lack if you can tie a Wooly Bugger, you can tie this fly! Deke Meyers in his book Tying Bass Flies 12 of the Best, listed the Wiggle Bug as an effective bass fly. Admittedly,

More information

PT 11 trouble-shooting and maintenance.

PT 11 trouble-shooting and maintenance. PT 11 trouble-shooting and maintenance. Does your rudder not stay down?...your back seat slip off?...your knobs tight and your leather pads loose? Maybe we can help. We have used our PT 11 s hard enough

More information

ADVENTURES WITH. Both of my grandfathers fished, my dad fished, and. creating unique handles for custom rods. 22 RodMaker

ADVENTURES WITH. Both of my grandfathers fished, my dad fished, and. creating unique handles for custom rods. 22 RodMaker From RodMaker Magazine Volume 7 Issue #4 WOOD creating unique handles for custom rods ADVENTURES WITH story by Ray Jergensen photos by Les Jergensen 22 RodMaker Both of my grandfathers fished, my dad fished,

More information

All Purpose Wooden Crate

All Purpose Wooden Crate All Purpose Wooden Crate I built a wooden crate to carry supplies in, such as, propane, ammo, fake explosives, tape and whatever else will fit in it. I would like to say right off the start that this does

More information

PUFF! Rocket Activity. Students will learn about rocket stability as they. Students will construct small indoor paper

PUFF! Rocket Activity. Students will learn about rocket stability as they. Students will construct small indoor paper Rocket Activity 3...2...1...PUFF! Students will learn about rocket stability as they Unifying Concepts and Processes Science as Inquiry inquiry Physical Science Science and Technology Students will construct

More information

Kari-Tek. Kari-Tek. Hydro Skeg Retro-Fitting Instructions. Instructions for retro-fitting of Hydro Skeg

Kari-Tek. Kari-Tek. Hydro Skeg Retro-Fitting Instructions. Instructions for retro-fitting of Hydro Skeg Kari-Tek Instructions for retro-fitting of Hydro Skeg A good knowledge of fibreglassing will be required to fit the Hydro Skeg successfully. When working with fibreglass and cutting the holes, safety glasses,

More information

KITES CHRISTIAN. A. GRIMA

KITES CHRISTIAN. A. GRIMA KITES by CHRISTIAN. A. GRIMA What is a KITE? A Kite is.. A toy consisting of a light frame with thin material stretched over it, flown in the wind at the end of a long string. OXFORD dictionary The Light

More information

Game Finder... vi. Chapter 1 Importance of Physical Activity Chapter 2 Learning through Physical Activity... 9

Game Finder... vi. Chapter 1 Importance of Physical Activity Chapter 2 Learning through Physical Activity... 9 Contents Game Finder... vi Chapter 1 Importance of Physical Activity... 1 Chapter 2 Learning through Physical Activity... 9 Chapter 3 Leading Physical Activities... 19 Chapter 4 Physical Activities for

More information

Pre-Paint>Fuselage>Empennage>Fit vertical tail fin. Objectives of this task: Materials and equipment required: Fit the spar extender

Pre-Paint>Fuselage>Empennage>Fit vertical tail fin. Objectives of this task: Materials and equipment required: Fit the spar extender Pre-Paint>Fuselage>Empennage>Fit vertical tail fin Objectives of this task: To fit the vertical tail fin to the fuselage, including fitting the static probe, static tube, optional strobe light wiring and

More information

Swing Your Partner. by Beth Hester. GH Productions, Inc. The Basket Maker's Catalog

Swing Your Partner. by Beth Hester. GH Productions, Inc. The Basket Maker's Catalog Swing Your Partner by Beth Hester GH Productions, Inc. The Basket Maker's Catalog Materials are available from your basketry supply store or contact: The Basket Maker's Catalog GH Productions, Inc. 521

More information

craft sticks (limit 6) glue cylinder chip can or Pitsco tube tape (limit 12 inches) paper fasteners (limit 4) index cards

craft sticks (limit 6) glue cylinder chip can or Pitsco tube tape (limit 12 inches) paper fasteners (limit 4) index cards Background: When we were studying structures, we read the book Curious George Plays Mini Golf, adapted by Marcy Goldberg Sacks. In the book George was surprised that the lowest score in a golf game is

More information

Overview: Note to Volunteers: Fling Flyer Design Challenge 1

Overview: Note to Volunteers: Fling Flyer Design Challenge 1 Fling Flyer Design Challenge 1 Overview: In the Fling Flyer Design Challenge, Brownies explore the forces that affect flight as they design, build, and test a Fling Flyer. Brownies learn how to design

More information

Cabinet Free Cover Rest Instructions

Cabinet Free Cover Rest Instructions PART LIST 2 @ Cabinet Free Lifter Bracket 4 @ 1 5/16 Coupler Tube 2 @ 1-1/8 Bent Arm w/o Foam 2 @ 1-1/8 Bent Arm w/ Foam 2 @ 3/5 Black Tek Screw 2 @ Nylon Pivot Strap 1 @ Cover Saver Package 42 @ Black

More information

Rain Barrels. Did You Know?

Rain Barrels. Did You Know? Rain Barrels Rain barrels are water storage units designed to collect water from impermeable surfaces like roofs. The most common type of rain barrel collects runoff from roofs by connecting to gutter

More information

Constructing a PVC Flute

Constructing a PVC Flute Constructing a PVC Flute EQUIPMENT PVC pipe The instructions are for ¾ diameter PVC 480 PSI or 200 PSI. The thickness of the PVC depends on the PSI rating. Corks or dowels that fits into the end of the

More information

NAVIGATOR Product demonstration prop building instructions

NAVIGATOR Product demonstration prop building instructions NAVIGATOR Product demonstration prop building instructions Regional competitions may build product demonstration props out of materials other than PVC pipe. Your regional coordinator will inform you of

More information

Great Science Adventures

Great Science Adventures Great Science Adventures What is a class one lever? Lesson 12 Tool Concepts: Class one levers consist of a rod, fulcrum, load arm, and effort arm. The fulcrum divides the lever into two sides. One side

More information

MAKING A SIMPLE FLEMISH TWIST BOWSTRING #1 by Kirby

MAKING A SIMPLE FLEMISH TWIST BOWSTRING #1 by Kirby MAKING A SIMPLE FLEMISH TWIST BOWSTRING #1 by Kirby Here is a tutorial on making a flemish bowstring. I don't own a jig so I use my workbench. I put two nails in the bench as pegs, 6 to 8 inches longer

More information

The Traditional Archery Academy is dedicated to bringing you the best and Traditional Archery guides, courses and ebooks. Our resources are FREE!

The Traditional Archery Academy is dedicated to bringing you the best and Traditional Archery guides, courses and ebooks. Our resources are FREE! Traditional Archery Academy is brought to by Crows Head Archery. Crows Head Archery specializes in Traditional Bows and Arrows. Longbows, Recurves, Arrows, Quivers and Bow Building Supplies. Click here

More information

Cat Fence Installation Instructions for Regular and Snow Protection Kits with Extra Posts. List of items shown

Cat Fence Installation Instructions for Regular and Snow Protection Kits with Extra Posts. List of items shown CF-INST-E, Rev., 0/7/ Cat Fence Installation Instructions for Regular and Protection s with Extra Posts Attachment Close-up Regular Regular Post with Post Attached A B F K J E C D I G, H L List of items

More information

Carrick Bend Mat and Turk s Head Knot

Carrick Bend Mat and Turk s Head Knot OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY EXTENSION Not Just Knots Capstone Project Carrick Bend Mat and Turk s Head Knot Skill level: intermediate or advanced by Glenn Dickey, Member, International Guild of Knot Tyers, North

More information

LMSCA. TECHNICAL INFORMATION SHEET No. 1 MANUFACTURE OF CARRIAGE LUGGAGE RACK NETTING.

LMSCA. TECHNICAL INFORMATION SHEET No. 1 MANUFACTURE OF CARRIAGE LUGGAGE RACK NETTING. LMSCA TECHNICAL INFORMATION SHEET No. 1 MANUFACTURE OF CARRIAGE LUGGAGE RACK NETTING. Preface: Luggage netting is one of those things that normally gets left until last when a carriage is restored and

More information

INSTRUCTIONS FOR GLUING ON THE BUMPER FOR PORT TOWNSEND WATERCRAFT S NESTING DINGIES. (Or requires a 1 surface to adhere to.)

INSTRUCTIONS FOR GLUING ON THE BUMPER FOR PORT TOWNSEND WATERCRAFT S NESTING DINGIES. (Or requires a 1 surface to adhere to.) INSTRUCTIONS FOR GLUING ON THE BUMPER FOR PORT TOWNSEND WATERCRAFT S NESTING DINGIES. (Or requires a 1 surface to adhere to.) The PT 11 bumper is made from a high quality, non marking EPDM rubber. This

More information

Winter School Supply List

Winter School Supply List 21 *Packs Roll of Paper 24-Count Towels Crayons 1 *4 oz bottle of Elmer s Glue 6 Large glue sticks 1 Box of Kleenex Kindergarten Supply List 2018-2019 School Year $10 Instructional Fee & $5 Literacy Fee

More information

Water Bottle Rockets.

Water Bottle Rockets. http://wwwinstructablescom/id/water-bottle-rockets-1/ Home Sign Up! Browse Community Submit All Art Craft Food Games Green Home Kids Life Music Offbeat Outdoors Pets Photo Ride Science Tech Water Bottle

More information

3190A NEO-ANGLE DOOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. Series MODEL NO

3190A NEO-ANGLE DOOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. Series MODEL NO NEO-ANGLE DOOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS Series 30A Please read these instructions carefully to familiarize yourself with the required tools, materials, and installation sequences. The Exploded Diagram

More information

Plans and Instructions to build a folding reflector oven

Plans and Instructions to build a folding reflector oven Plans and Instructions to build a folding reflector oven Kayak2go.com also has folding kayak plans available for purchase. The low cost and ease of construction make the folding kayaks a great youth group

More information

Building a Rocket (Advanced) Before you build a rocket try the bottle on the launcher to test if it holds pressure and fits correctly.

Building a Rocket (Advanced) Before you build a rocket try the bottle on the launcher to test if it holds pressure and fits correctly. You Will Need 3X 2ltr Bottles 1X Paper lip 1X Glue/Double Sided Tape 1X ardboard 1X Bin Liner 1X Roll of Fishing Line or Thin s Sheets of Paper Side A of Fin 1X Hot Glue Gun 1X Pair of Scissors 1X Fine

More information

Can you find 5 differences between the two scenes below?

Can you find 5 differences between the two scenes below? SPOT THE DIFFERENCES Can you find 5 differences between the two scenes below? ANSWERS: 1-Fire in background. 2- Dusty name missing. 3-Dusty s propeller missing. 4-Lil Dipper s smile. 5-Windlifter enters

More information

A Balancing Flamingo

A Balancing Flamingo A Balancing Flamingo as your child ever seen a flamingo or a picture of one? If not, tell your child about flamingos a bright pink bird that loves to stand on one leg! Then pretend with your child to be

More information

RUDDER KIT INSTRUCTIONS

RUDDER KIT INSTRUCTIONS A I N S T R U C T I O N S RUDDER KIT INSTRUCTIONS TARPON 0/40/60/60i The Tarpon series is designed as a high performance sit-on-top kayak tailored for the sport paddler. Our rudder system is designed to

More information

Instructor: Ronda Brewer & Lindsey Johnson Pick Your Poison Day & Time: Sunday 8:30 AM, Class #1 Cost: $5 to $25

Instructor: Ronda Brewer & Lindsey Johnson Pick Your Poison Day & Time: Sunday 8:30 AM, Class #1 Cost: $5 to $25 Instructor: Ronda Brewer & Lindsey Johnson Pick Your Poison Day & Time: Sunday 8:30 AM, Class #1 Cost: $5 to $25 Description: Not sure what you want to build? No problem. In this half day class, you will

More information

MAKING A FLEMISH TWIST BOWSTRING by Ron Harris

MAKING A FLEMISH TWIST BOWSTRING by Ron Harris MAKING A FLEMISH TWIST BOWSTRING by Ron Harris The techniques I use to make a Flemish Twist bowstring are not necessarily the only way to do it, but it works for me. Making a Flemish Twist string is relatively

More information

Troyer s Gourd Rack 8 unit F R H O P

Troyer s Gourd Rack 8 unit F R H O P B E A D I M-N L Vertical Parts F R H O P Horizontal Parts C G J Updated 11/16 Parts List A: Top of Pole B: Bottom of Pole C: 48 Ground Stake D: Top Perch rods 48 long E: Hub F: Rope Winder w/ attached

More information

Stand-N-Fish FULL DETAIL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Stand-N-Fish FULL DETAIL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS 1 Stand-N-Fish FULL DETAIL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS Thank you for purchasing the incredible new Stand-N-Fish Kayak Fishing System. Once installed on your kayak the Stand-N-Fish will take your kayak fishing

More information

How To Build A Water Rocket

How To Build A Water Rocket How To Build A Water Rocket DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT Brainstorm The first step in the design of a water bottle rocket is brainstorming. Brainstorming is a problem-solving technique that involves the spontaneous

More information

Basket for Janice. by Beth Hester. GH Productions, Inc. The Basket Maker s Catalog

Basket for Janice. by Beth Hester. GH Productions, Inc. The Basket Maker s Catalog Basket for Janice by Beth Hester GH Productions, Inc. The Basket Maker s Catalog Materials are available from your basketry supply store or contact: The Basket Maker s Catalog GH Productions, Inc. 521

More information

MODEL / SINGLE and DUPLEX PULLEY SYSTEMS

MODEL / SINGLE and DUPLEX PULLEY SYSTEMS MODEL 922181/922182 SINGLE and DUPLEX PULLEY SYSTEMS MODEL 922181 SINGLE PULLEY SYSTEM MODEL 922182 DUPLEX PULLEY SYSTEM 1 PARTS LIST FOR SINGLE/DUPLEX COLUMN PULLEYS Note: Check with your architect or

More information

Making an old school lure

Making an old school lure Powered by www.big-game-board.info Big Game Fishing Board tutorials presents Thank you very much to Bahama Lures. www.bahama-lures.com Making an old school lure I was inspired to do this by Jim Rizzuto's

More information

" A " "B " F G H P PARTS LIST

A  B  F G H P PARTS LIST K-57 SkyDart usiness SST Concept SUSIDIRY OF DMON ESTES INDUSTRIES PENROSE COLO. 8120 Designed by Larry H. Renger "G " " " " F " R "H " SP-57 U " " "C " I M C O T T L "D " E F G H P D J "E " N K Q S 1

More information

ACTIVITY KIT. Young children will love boisterous, exuberant Elwood and this charming tale of friendship.

ACTIVITY KIT. Young children will love boisterous, exuberant Elwood and this charming tale of friendship. ACTIVITY KIT ELWOOD BIGFOOT WANTED: Birdie Friends! By 978-1-4549-08 Jill Esbaum Illustrated by 79-1 Nate Wragg ELWOOD BIGFOOT is lonely. Literally the world s biggest birdwatcher, Elwood would love nothing

More information

RUDDER KIT INSTRUCTIONS

RUDDER KIT INSTRUCTIONS C I N S T R U C T I O N S RUDDER KIT INSTRUCTIONS PAMLICOS-0,0,T, T, 60T, Excel Rotomolded Pamlico 0, 0, T, T, 60T, Excel The addition of a rudder to a kayak results in additional control and efficiency,

More information

Overview: Note to Volunteers: Fling Flyer Design Challenge 2

Overview: Note to Volunteers: Fling Flyer Design Challenge 2 Fling Flyer Design Challenge 2 Overview: In the Fling Flyer Design Challenge, Brownies explore the forces that affect flight as they design, build, and test a Fling Flyer. Brownies learn how to design

More information

GLIDING ON AIR (1 Hour)

GLIDING ON AIR (1 Hour) GLIDING ON AIR (1 Hour) Addresses NGSS Level of Difficulty: 4 Grade Range: 3-5 OVERVIEW In this activity, the students will construct a simple hovercraft. They will learn how friction helps or hinders

More information

Washing Feet John 13:3-17. Jesus washes His friends feet. God is Big and He Loves Me Praise the Lord Everyday Shout

Washing Feet John 13:3-17. Jesus washes His friends feet. God is Big and He Loves Me Praise the Lord Everyday Shout OVERVIEW CARD Key Question: Bottom Line: Who is the best? Jesus is the best! Memory Verse: Bible Story Focus: Jesus shows me I can serve others. Washing Feet John 13:3-17 Coloring Page: Jesus washes His

More information

OWNER S MANUAL ALWAYS WEAR A GOVERNMENT APPROVED FLOATATION DEVICE WHEN FISHING. Know the limits of your ability and the limits of your equipment.

OWNER S MANUAL ALWAYS WEAR A GOVERNMENT APPROVED FLOATATION DEVICE WHEN FISHING. Know the limits of your ability and the limits of your equipment. OWNER S MANUAL ALWAYS WEAR A GOVERNMENT APPROVED FLOATATION DEVICE WHEN FISHING. Know the limits of your ability and the limits of your equipment. Changes in air temperature and elevation could cause the

More information

NAVIGATOR PROP BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS & PHOTOS

NAVIGATOR PROP BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS & PHOTOS NAVIGATOR PROP BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS & PHOTOS Science under the ice Ice sheet At regional competitions the ice is simulated by 8 ft x 4 ft ½-inch foam sheeting (Home Depot part #703990 [in store only],

More information

As the Rotor Turns: Wind Power & You (Student Handout) (An Investigation of Wind Power as an Energy Resource in Pennsylvania)

As the Rotor Turns: Wind Power & You (Student Handout) (An Investigation of Wind Power as an Energy Resource in Pennsylvania) As the Rotor Turns: Wind Power & You (Student Handout) (An Investigation of Wind Power as an Energy Resource in Pennsylvania) Part 1: How is wind created? 1. Use the scale above to make an observation

More information

2017 Fall Product Program Rally Guide

2017 Fall Product Program Rally Guide 2017 Fall Product Program Rally Guide 2017 Fall Product Program Rally Overview QSP and Ashdon Farms are excited to offer Councils, service units and troops the opportunity to host Fall Product Program

More information

AVA Building Instructions

AVA Building Instructions Suggested Assembly Sequence: AVA Building Instructions 1. Insert fittings in rudder and trial fit rudder on boom 2. Attach stab to v-mount and position ahead of rudder ¼, sanding the v-mount as needed.

More information

Shiel e d Kite t By B y Sam & Ca C rir King Ore r g e o g n o Kite t m e aker e rs s Retr t e r a e t t2013

Shiel e d Kite t By B y Sam & Ca C rir King Ore r g e o g n o Kite t m e aker e rs s Retr t e r a e t t2013 Shield Kite By Sam & Cari King Oregon Kitemaker s Retreat 2013 SAIL ASSEMBLY Your pre-cut sail pieces include half-inch seam allowances. This provides enough material to complete a 1/4 inch double rolled

More information

Air is Everywhere. Grade Level: K-2. Lesson Overview Objectives: Students will be able to Conceptualize what air is.

Air is Everywhere. Grade Level: K-2. Lesson Overview Objectives: Students will be able to Conceptualize what air is. Air is Everywhere Grade Level: K-2 Lesson Overview Objectives: Students will be able to Conceptualize what air is. Green and Healthy Kids - Home Topic 5: Healthy Indoor Air Indoor air quality (IAQ) implies

More information

Weightlifter Nacelle Only

Weightlifter Nacelle Only Weightlifter Nacelle Only i n s t r u c t i o n s About KidWind The KidWind Project is a team of teachers, students, engineers, and practitioners exploring the science behind wind energy in classrooms

More information