12- Why are you giving me such a... look? a- strange b- crowed c-huge d- sandy Fill in the spaces with words from the list: ( 6 X ½= 3 M )

Size: px
Start display at page:

Download "12- Why are you giving me such a... look? a- strange b- crowed c-huge d- sandy Fill in the spaces with words from the list: ( 6 X ½= 3 M )"

Transcription

1 و ر لت بية منط ة م ر لك ي لتعليمية لتوجيه لفني للغة النجليزية لصف لث من مدرسة سعد بن أبي وق ص لمتوسطة بنين / Vocabulary Choose the correct answer from a, b, c or d : ( 12 X 1= 12 M ) 1- He could throw the..very fast and far. a- shoulder b- discus c- yoga d- dhow 2- The Olympic..is a symbol of friendship among nations. a- flame b- chariot c- pentathlon d- ferry 3 - Who..Kuwait in Sidney Olympic Games? a- bent b- stretched c- represented d- pulled up 4- It's important to..before the race. a- flow b- reach c- warm up d- wave are birds that live near the seashore. a- Pearls b- Seagulls c- Ferries d- Harps 6- He...her to stay but she simply laughed and went away. a- waved b- pulled c- parked d- begged 7- Divers used a....to dive for pearls. a- nose clip b- lily c- oyster d- ferry 8- This poor man lives in a... cottage. a- submissive b- humble c- pretty d- wealthy 9-The river is more than fifty yards.... a- wide b- exciting c- strange d- fantastic 10 -Kubbar Island is really a...place. It s so beautiful. a- fantastic b- frozen c- nomadic d- submissive 11-A jumbo jet s...is about 59.6 metres. a- wingspan b- rhinoceros c- oasis d- historian 12- Why are you giving me such a.... look? a- strange b- crowed c-huge d- sandy Fill in the spaces with words from the list: ( 6 X ½= 3 M ) sprinting Athletics submissive huge strangely disturb engineer - pearls 13- Their son was acting Fahd s father is working as an...in a company of electronics. 15- Don t...me. I have an exam tomorrow. 16- Elephants are...animals. 17- Kuwaiti. were a sign of wealth in the past. 18- He is looking for a.....wife who would obey his every word.

2 Choose the correct answer from a, b, c and d : 1) Please, could you take that off? I want to see your face. a ) tomb b) treasure c) harp d) mask 2) You would not talk to the manager now. He is so a) spectacular b) furious c) wide d) fit 3) Animals and plants... to the weather in the desert. a) adapt b) illustrate c) sprint d) disturb 4) The Blue Mosque has the most exciting in Turkey. a) career b) leftover c) dome d) hailstone 5) I don't know why he is very although he is very rich. a) frozen b)stingy c) crowded d) adventurous 6) I. appreciate this piece of art you drew. a) really b) strangely c) ever d) probably 7) Do you know that the Nile from Africa to the Nile Delta in Egypt? a) pulls up b) inhale c)flows d)sinks 8) A.number of people attended the part yesterday. a) wide b)modern c)frozen d) huge 9) I'm writing a letter to my. a) penpal b) skyscraper c) glove d) gravity 10) Are you...money for the homeless? a) floating b) collecting c) acting d) waving 11) Their things were locked in a safe place in the bedroom. a- valuable b- modern c) weak d- recent 12) I was...to see him after this long time. b- incredible b- adventurous c- crowded d- astonished 13)Your luggage must be... before it is put on the plane. a- weighed b- collected c- sank d- flowed 14) Does wood.on water? a- inhale b- let c- glove d- float

3 Fill in the spaces with words from the list : fortnight p - extremely archaeologists -humble webpage- Athletics acted- profession 1) He has... in many movies. 2) This story is. exciting. 3)...discovered the tomb of Tutankhamen in ) I'm going on a holiday for a... in Dubai. 5) A Muslim must be. and kind. 6) What's your father's..? He is an engineer. 7).. is an ancient sporting activity. Fill in the spaces with words from the list : hoard - collect - dispose - suddenly - seagull - stingy own - crowded- 8) Let's go to another mall. This is so. 9) Where can I of these old newspapers? 10) This... man doesn t help his poor neighbour. 11) Who will... the bottles from the house after the party? 12) The... is a bird that lives near the sea. 13 ) I saw the accident with my eyes. 14 ) The news was about the discovery of a...of gold coins.

4 Grammar From a, b, c or d Choose the suitable answer :( 8 X ½=4 M) 19) It's important to...your lessons regularly. a) studies b) studying c) studied d) study 20) I usually...at 6 o'clock. a) get up b) gets up c) getting up d) got up 21) He usually...at 6 o'clock. a) get up b) gets up c) getting up d) got up 22) I'm...now a) stretched b) stretches c) stretch d) stretching 23) While I...at the coral reefs, I saw a turtle. a) looking b) was looking c) am looking d) looks 24) Ahmed a camel when he fell off and broke his arm. a) rides b) was riding c) riding d) is riding 25) The s are. than text messages. a) long b) longer c) longest d) the longest 26) I think that Paris is. than London. a) the most beautiful b) more beautiful c) beautiful d) a beautiful Do as shown between brackets(8 X 1= 8M ):: 27) I play football twice a week. ( Make a question )... 28) I go to the zoo on Fridays. ( Make negative )... 29) She goes to the club at the weekend. ( Make a question )... 30) She goes to the club at the weekend. ( Make negative ) ) They are cleaning their home. ( Make a question )... 32) I went to the zoo last week. ( Make negative)... 33)The grizzly bear is 3 meters tall. The elephant is 3 meters tall. ( Use: as..as). 34) Ahmed is five years old. Ali is seven years old. (Join using : not as....as )

5 Choose the correct answer from a, b,c or d: 1) The plane is.... than the car. a) faster b) the fastest c) fast d) fastest 2) The Dead Sea is the.. place on Earth. a) lowest b) low c) lowly d) lower 3) The Blue Mosque is...building in Istanbul. a) the most spectacular b) more spectacular c) more spectacular than b) spectacular 4) I've lived in Dubai two years. a) until b) since c) ago d) for 5) do you practice your favourite sport? a) How many b) How long c) How long d) How often 6) have you known your best friend? a) How long b) How many c) How long d) How often 7) Have you..seen a lion? a) ever b) yet c) never d) already 8) We shouldn t dispose... rubbish by throwing it in the streets. a) in b) on c) out d) of 9) Have you ever..in an aeroplane? a) fly b)flew c) flown d) flying 10) Have you ever.in a play? a) act b)acted c) acts d) acting 11) While I...at the coral reefs, I saw a turtle. a) looking b) was looking c) am looking d) looks 12) It's important to...your lessons regularly. a) studies b) studying c) studied d) study 13) Ahmed...to music everyday. ( listening listen - listens is listening ) 14) Ahmed...to music now. ( Listening listen - listens is listening ) 15) Ahmed...to music last night. ( Listening listened - listens is listening ) 16) The girl has just... her room. ( clean - cleaned cleaning - cleans )

6 C) Do as shown between brackets : 1) It rains in Kuwait in summer. ( Make negative). 2) The first Olympic Games started in 778 BC. ( Ask a question ).... 3) They usually go shopping on Sundays. ( Make negative ). 4 ) I have studied English for five years. ( Make a question ) 5)The grizzly bear is 3 metres tall. The elephant is 3 metres tall. ( Use: as..as). 6) This is a ( wooden beautiful blue ) table. ( Reorder adjectives ). Language Functions Write what you would say in the following situations (4 X1 = 4M ) : 1) Your brother wants to go swimming without warming-up.. 2) Your sister is having an English Test tomorrow.. 3) You are in London and you want to know the way to Harrods Store.. 4) The Blue Mosque in Istanbul is spectacular ) Your friend says that life in the past was really hard.... 6) You want to know the way to Plaza Hotel.... 7) Your mother asked you about the food you like best....

7 أس لة لكت Set book 1 ) Mention some of the athletics. a) Running b) Jumping c) Throwing. 2) What is sprinting? It is running very fast over a short distance. 3) Mention some of the jumping activities. Jumping activities are high jump and long Jump. 4) What are the throwing activities? They are discus,shot put and javelin. 5) How can you keep fit and healthy? I can do exercise. ////// I can play sport. 6) Name the main three types of exercise. a) Aerobic b) Resistance c)stretching. 7) What do the five rings on the Olympic flag represent? They represent the five continents of the world. 8) What are five sports in the pentathlon? They are running, jumping, discus, javelin and wrestling. 9) What do you think of Kubbar Island? I think it's really fantastic. 10) What can you do at Kubbar Island? // why do people go to Kubbar Island? I can walk on the beach // I can swim in the sea// I can play water sports. 11) What did people in old Kuwait use to dive for? They used to dive for pearls. 12) What did divers wear? They wear a black suit, a nose clip and a neck basket.

8 13) How do people survive in the desert? How do people adapt to life in the desert? People must find water to survive / They look for oases to live in. 14) Mention some of the desert resources. a- Diamonds b- Gold C- Oil. 15) What is an oasis? It is a cool place in the desert that has water and plants. 16) How do animals and plants adapt to survive in the desert? Some plants are full of liquid. Some animals never drink and others have special skin to protect against heat. 17)What did the Nazca people do? They drew long lines and huge pictures on the ground. 18) Why do you think they drew these lines and pictures? I think they drew these lines and pictures to know the time of planting crops. 19)What is the most crowded city in the world? It's Tokyo. 20) Mention some of the incredible places in the world? a- The Nile b- Sahara Desert c- The Dead Sea 21) Why are these paces incredible? or what is the world record for these places? The Nile ( is the longest river in the world ) The Sahara Desert ( is the largest desert in the world ) The Dead Sea ( is the lowest place on earth ) 22 ) How could we face disability? We could face disability by challenge and living a normal life.

9 23 ) How could we help people with disabilities? We should smile at their faces and build new schools and clubs for them. Also, we shouldn t look at them in a strange way 24) What do you think of stingy people?why? I think they are bad people because they don t help the poor. 25)How could we help the poor? We could help the poor by giving them money, food and clothes. 26) How is life in space like camping? This is because in space and in camping you have to take everything you need. Because everything floats. 27)Why does everything float in space? Because there is no gravity. or Because of the Zero gravity

10 Writing ( 15 Marks ) Write a report of two paragraphs (8 sentences ) about ( Keeping fit). These guide words may help you: Paragraph (1) The importance of keeping fit: good health strong muscles appearance avoid- illness Paragraph (2) The ways of keeping fit: join a club exercise go on a diet healthy food not smoke Writing Plan(2 M)

11 Write your topic here( 13M) Keeping fit

12 V - Composition ( 15 Marks ) Write a report of two paragraphs (8 sentences ) about ( Televisions).Use the following guide words to help you: Paragraph (1) The importance of televisions : watch news films programs gather fimily Paragraph (2) The disadvantages of televisions: waste time lazy harm eyes Writing Plan( 2M) 2

13 Write your topic here( 13M) Televisions

14 VI - Reading Comprehension( 15M) Read the following passage, then answer the questions below : If you visit Japan, you might choose to travel around the country by high speed trains. These trains are called bullet trains because they go very fast and have pointy shape like a bullet. Bullet trains are a good way to travel for several reasons other than their speed. They are leaving on time to the second. They are also comfortable. Most importantly, bullet trains are very safe. In their 35-year history, there have been only a few accidents and no deaths. The only problem about bullet trains is that they are very expensive. A ticket to travel to another city can cost almost as much as an airline ticket would. However, if you fly, you will land at airports at the edge of a city. Train stations are usually right in the middle of a city. This means that people prefer to take a bullet train instead of flying, because they will arrive exactly where they want to be. A)From a, b, c or d choose the correct answer : 1 A word in the passage that means ''not slow'' is.... a fast b big c high d expensive 2 These trains are called bullet trains because of their.... a safety and shape c safety and timing b speed and shape d speed and timing 3 The underlined pronoun '' they '' in line ten refers to.... a airports c people b stations d bullet trains B) Answer the following questions: 4 Why are bullet trains a good way to travel? What's the problem of travelling by bullet trains? Where are the train stations?

15 II - Reading Comprehension(15M) Read the following passage, then answer the questions below : Jack was a very bad boy.he enjoys playing tricks on people though this may hurt other people but he never cares.jack's parents warned him many times but he didn't listen to their advice. One morning he saw an old blind man. He was about to cross the street, so he led him by the hand to the middle of a crowded street and left him there Another day, Jack saw a woman carrying her heavy shopping bag. She asked him to help her. He carried the heavy bag. Suddenly, he dropped the bag into the river and ran away. Last night, his brother was studying in his room. Jack turned off the lights and got out of the house quickly. He fell off the stairs and broke his leg. His parents were sad but they had nothing to do. A)From a, b and c choose the correct answer : 1 A word in the passage that means '' unable to see'' is... a blind b sad c crowded d heavy 2 The underlined word ''her'' in line six refers to... a Jack b his brother c the old man d the woman 3 Jack's parents were. when he broke his legs. a angry b sad c happy d pleased C) Answer the following questions : 4 What did Jack do with the old blind man?... 5 Where did he drop the woman's shopping bag?... 6 What happened to Jack at the end of the story?...

It, I. ' G1J!SJJ5U) i)9jj3a3 O))\ gu) 24Auj9. dob

It, I. ' G1J!SJJ5U) i)9jj3a3 O))\ gu) 24Auj9. dob - fl I It, I ' G1J!SJJ5U) i)9jj3a3 O))\ oe gu) 24Auj9 S dob _ I 2018-2017: -"k JjV1 J 4.M- 4L.42.1 '- (7) :L (c)4 '.J - - - - - 60 :A4WI I- VOCABULARY (8 Marks) A) Choose the correct word from a, b, c

More information

3. We always.our lessons very hard to get high marks. a) carry b) feel c)wait d)study

3. We always.our lessons very hard to get high marks. a) carry b) feel c)wait d)study Vocabulary Choose the correct word from a,b,c and d: 1. I wear my. in winter. a) souq b) number c)coat d) gold 2. It's very.here. Turn on the lights please. a) darkb) modern c) heavy d) old 3. We always.our

More information

H5 Homework UNIT 7 GRAMMAR REFERENCE EXERCISES. 1 Underline the correct preposition. > Grammar Reference (GR) 7.2

H5 Homework UNIT 7 GRAMMAR REFERENCE EXERCISES. 1 Underline the correct preposition. > Grammar Reference (GR) 7.2 H5 Homework UNIT 7 GRAMMAR REFERENCE EXERCISES 1 Underline the correct preposition. > Grammar Reference (GR) 7.2 1 They met on / at / in 11 June. 2 Kate was born in / at / on the 1980s. 3 We play tennis

More information

The Olympic Games. Vocabulary

The Olympic Games. Vocabulary PROFESSOR: EQUIPE DE INGLÊS BANCO DE QUESTÕES - INGLÊS - 7º ANO - ENSINO FUNDAMENTAL ============================================================================================= Página 1 de 7-21/07/2017-10:02

More information

Lesson A. Nature 49. A. Complete the sentences with words from the box. species habitat predator prey hunt wild tame protect extinct wildlife

Lesson A. Nature 49. A. Complete the sentences with words from the box. species habitat predator prey hunt wild tame protect extinct wildlife Nature Unit 8 Lesson A A. Complete the sentences with words from the box. species habitat predator prey hunt wild tame protect extinct wildlife 1. You can t see dinosaurs at the zoo because they are. 2.

More information

1- Teachers should use different techniques and tools to.students' attention. a. install b. suffer c. capture d. recruit

1- Teachers should use different techniques and tools to.students' attention. a. install b. suffer c. capture d. recruit وزارة انتربيت اإلدارة انعبمت نمىطقت مببرك انكبير انتعهيميت انتىجيه انفىي نهغت اإلوجهيسيت انسمه : سبعتبن انعبو اندراسي: 2018-2017 امتحبن وهبيت انفصم اندراسي االول انصف: انتبسع األسئهت في ( 7 ) صفحبث ==========================================================================

More information

English Listening comprehension Hy 2016/2017 Teachers copy

English Listening comprehension Hy 2016/2017 Teachers copy English Listening comprehension Hy 2016/2017 Teachers copy _ If he hadn t been strapped in, Jason would not be able to sit still. He wanted to tell everyone that he was going to be on TV. Every evening

More information

GOZO COLLEGE SECONDARY Half Yearly Exams

GOZO COLLEGE SECONDARY Half Yearly Exams GOZO COLLEGE SECONDARY Half Yearly Exams 2012-2013 Subject: ENGLISH LANGUAGE Form: 2 Secondary Level 5-6-7 Time: 2 hours NAME: CLASS: INDEX NO: Section A: Language 15 marks A. Read the fact file of these

More information

Comparatives and Superlatives

Comparatives and Superlatives Comparatives and Superlatives Comparing two things or actions Regular comparative adjectives / adverbs hard < harder, big < bigger, easy < easier modern < more modern, difficult < more difficult carefully

More information

Unit 3 Revision worksheet [ grammar + vocabulary ] Grammar 1 Complete the sentences with the verbs in brackets. Use the Present Perfect Simple.

Unit 3 Revision worksheet [ grammar + vocabulary ] Grammar 1 Complete the sentences with the verbs in brackets. Use the Present Perfect Simple. Unit 3 Revision worksheet [ grammar + vocabulary ] Grammar 1 Complete the sentences with the verbs in brackets. Use the Present Perfect Simple. 1. The Williams sisters (play) tennis since they were very

More information

How to write Compare & Contrast reports

How to write Compare & Contrast reports How to write Compare & Contrast reports Compare & Contrast reports In compare and contrast reports, you need to describe the similarities and differences between two things. Similarities = what is similar

More information

How s the weather? Unit 6. Speaking. Vocabulary - Weather. cool snow. windy. cloudy. rain. warm thunderstorm. foggy. humid. hot. sunny.

How s the weather? Unit 6. Speaking. Vocabulary - Weather. cool snow. windy. cloudy. rain. warm thunderstorm. foggy. humid. hot. sunny. 06 Speaking Vocabulary - Weather rain cloudy windy cool snow foggy humid warm thunderstorm sunny cold hot 3 5 4 Questions for Discussion. Describe the weather in the pictures.. How is the weather today?

More information

Department of Education Zarka Area ANSWER SHEET

Department of Education Zarka Area ANSWER SHEET Department of Education Zarka Area School :... Date :.../.../ 20... Achievement Test for Diagnostic Purposes Time : one hour Grade 10 Name : A B C D 100 1 a b c 2 a b c 3 a b c 4 a b c 5 a b c 6 a b c

More information

H16 Homework GRAMMAR REFERENCE UNIT 9 EXERCISES. 1 Write the comparative and superlative form. > Grammar Reference (GR) 9.1

H16 Homework GRAMMAR REFERENCE UNIT 9 EXERCISES. 1 Write the comparative and superlative form. > Grammar Reference (GR) 9.1 H16 Homework GRAMMAR REFERENCE UNIT 9 EXERCISES 1 Write the comparative and superlative form. > Grammar Reference (GR) 9.1 1 easy easier the easiest 2 boring 3 far 4 noisy 5 nice 6 bad 7 hot 8 quiet 2

More information

Vocabulary 1 Find six sports in the puzzle and complete the sentences below. 2 Choose the word that doesn t belong. 3 Choose the correct answer.

Vocabulary 1 Find six sports in the puzzle and complete the sentences below. 2 Choose the word that doesn t belong. 3 Choose the correct answer. Name:... Vocabulary 1 Find six sports in the puzzle and complete the sentences below. d f b q c o a g s m a v h z m s y w t e n n i s k t i l l h c c j i n m n i a r i d i b m g s j p e n n f i c y c l

More information

Introduction This support pack accompanies the story: The Skier by Chris Rose This support pack contains the following materials: a pre-reading vocabulary activity preparation questions the story A comprehension

More information

LESSON. We made from water every living thing. Al-Anbia 30 LESSON 1

LESSON. We made from water every living thing. Al-Anbia 30 LESSON 1 We made from water every living thing Al-Anbia 30 5 6 Part One A. Match the pictures with the phrases. a b c d putting out the fire cutting down the trees hurting the animal helping the injured animal

More information

Target skills: Sequence of events + Compare and contrast + Story. Lesson 1: Henry and Mudge Lesson 2: My Family Lesson 5:

Target skills: Sequence of events + Compare and contrast + Story. Lesson 1: Henry and Mudge Lesson 2: My Family Lesson 5: Dear parents please be informed the grade 2 students will have an English Final Exam for term on Monday 10 th December 2018. Please help your children to study the following: Reading Target skills: Sequence

More information

You have an old precious diamond ring that you need to sell to have some cash. Write an advertisement to sell it.

You have an old precious diamond ring that you need to sell to have some cash. Write an advertisement to sell it. I. Composition: Guided Your family travelled for the holiday as you were left behind. Write a story about a dangerous situation you faced while you were home alone. Describe what you did and how you felt.

More information

First Grade Spelling Lists

First Grade Spelling Lists First Grade Spelling Lists List 1 List 2 List 3 List 4 me can ten my do see tan up and run tin last go the ton not at in bed us on so top am a no he good it now you is man will she we an List 5 List 6

More information

B) Fill in the spaces with the most suitable words from the list below: (4 x 1½ = 6) raccket fantastic goggles blow causway

B) Fill in the spaces with the most suitable words from the list below: (4 x 1½ = 6) raccket fantastic goggles blow causway وزارة التربية اإلدارة العامة لمنطقة مبارك الكبير التعليمية التوجيه الفني للغة اإلنجليزية الزمن : ساعتان العام الدراسي 2018-2017 امتحان الدور الثاني )محتوى الصف: السادس االسئلة في ( 4 ) صفحات الفترة الثانية(

More information

Guía inglés IV CECYT 1 G.V.V. 2018

Guía inglés IV CECYT 1 G.V.V. 2018 Guía inglés IV CECYT 1 G.V.V. T.V Enero 2018 Vespertino PROFESORA: BLANCA ESTELA GONZALEZ ORIHUELA 1. Complete the sentences with yet or still. 1 Has Sarah got her exam results? 2 Write a few more lines.

More information

A cooperative reading activity: Tolstoy

A cooperative reading activity: Tolstoy A cooperative reading activity: Tolstoy Teaching tips Leo Tolstoy, the well-known Russian writer, worked as a teacher for a time and during this period of his life he wrote stories for his students. Today,

More information

the little boy 1 a good boy 1 then you give 1 is about me 1 was to come 1 old and new 1 that old man 1 what we know 1 not up here 1 in and out 1

the little boy 1 a good boy 1 then you give 1 is about me 1 was to come 1 old and new 1 that old man 1 what we know 1 not up here 1 in and out 1 the little boy 1 a good boy 1 is about me 1 then you give 1 was to come 1 old and new 1 what we know 1 that old man 1 in and out 1 not up here 1 good for you 1 down at work 1 with his cat 1 it was new

More information

Under the sea. Wow! That whale is so big! Look, a shark! I m scared. Unit 6 Identify and use new words: sea animals WB: page 62

Under the sea. Wow! That whale is so big! Look, a shark! I m scared. Unit 6 Identify and use new words: sea animals WB: page 62 6 Under the sea Wow! That whale is so big! Look, a shark! I m scared. 70 Unit 6 Identify and use new words: sea animals WB: page 62 Lesson 1 2.9 2 2.10 1 Vocabulary Listen, point and say. Listen and play

More information

Sample Reading Comprehension Qs for Grades 6 & 7 ( Purpose of the Writer )

Sample Reading Comprehension Qs for Grades 6 & 7 ( Purpose of the Writer ) Al-Ahmadi Educational Area ELT Supervision ( Model Answer ) Sample Reading Comprehension Qs for Grades 6 & 7 ( Purpose of the Writer ) Read the paragraphs below and choose the correct answer for the question

More information

W.Q~' -ft. 'Aug cjv%*>~ \ J% ;Jk )gjjk. '2m%)A31 lfwk 2016/. 2017

W.Q~' -ft. 'Aug cjv%*>~ \ J% ;Jk )gjjk. '2m%)A31 lfwk 2016/. 2017 0 W.Q~' -ft Q~ dw 'Aug cjv%*>~ "'*' i", **, \ J% ;Jk )gjjk '2m%)A31 lfwk 2016/. 2017 2017/ 2016t.1 M- W) tl JJA - - J,;W1 a) interview b) contribute c) design d) complain 3. It is the captain's...to leave

More information

6 A person or team that wins a competition. 2 (a sport you hate watching) 3 (the best sports competition) 4 (your favourite individual sport)

6 A person or team that wins a competition. 2 (a sport you hate watching) 3 (the best sports competition) 4 (your favourite individual sport) 7 Sport Vocabulary Sports * Look at the pictures and correct the words. Complete the definitions with the words in the box. champion court fan match player race score stadium team basketball football cycling

More information

(Faculty/field of study)

(Faculty/field of study) Studium Języków Obcych ENGLISH LANGUAGE EXAM LEVEL A2 (Name and surname) (Faculty/field of study) 1 I. Read the text. Are sentences 1 to 5 True (T) or Folse (F)? Studium Języków Obcych GAELIC FOOTBALL

More information

KEY ENGLISH TEST. Reading and Writing 0085/01 SAMPLE TEST 1. Time. 1 hour 10 minutes

KEY ENGLISH TEST. Reading and Writing 0085/01 SAMPLE TEST 1. Time. 1 hour 10 minutes KEY ENGLISH TEST Reading and Writing 85/1 SAMPLE TEST 1 Time 1 hour 1 minutes INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES Do not open this question paper until you are told to do so. Write your name, centre number and

More information

Name. Reading. 1 Read and tick or cross. 2 Read and circle. 1 She is a waitress. 2 He isn t going to take the menu. 3 They re talking to a customer.

Name. Reading. 1 Read and tick or cross. 2 Read and circle. 1 She is a waitress. 2 He isn t going to take the menu. 3 They re talking to a customer. Unit Standard test Reading Read and tick or cross. /7 marks She is a waitress. 3 He isn t going to take the menu. 3 They re talking to a customer. Is she going to eat her main course? Yes, she is. re they

More information

BMS 2 Entry Exam 2011

BMS 2 Entry Exam 2011 English BMS 2 Entry Exam 2011 (TIME: 45 MINUTES) Name:.. First Name:.. Number: Points:... Grade:... PART 1A READING COMPREHENSION (15 minutes) Please read the following text carefully and then do the task

More information

Sportsmanship UNIT 17. Close-Reading Passage

Sportsmanship UNIT 17. Close-Reading Passage Close-Reading Passage Sportsmanship No one thought it was possible. No one thought it could be done. No one thought the human body was capable of it. Then on May 6, 1954, it was done. The impossible had

More information

Plan. Painting. good at it. Painting

Plan. Painting. good at it. Painting (1)Composition " Everyone has his own hobby. " and write a paragraph (not less than 8 sentences) about "Painting" These guide words may help you : (hobby - need - colours -good at - free time - draw- teacher

More information

ixb?9 '1A3 'ik t ik&ri OL>1 i1uxib GXth3 :c3 ,2m%)A3k lfwk 2016/.2017

ixb?9 '1A3 'ik t ik&ri OL>1 i1uxib GXth3 :c3 ,2m%)A3k lfwk 2016/.2017 ixb?9 '1A3 'ik t ik&ri OL>1 i1uxib GXth3 :c3 40,2m%)A3k lfwk 2016/.2017 2017-2016 :-4.. ' 1 241,,1 4, ki2i4 & :L jqv.- ua - ( ;9JL4 (& 6o : 4.iS I- VOCABULARY (8 Marks) 12( A) Choose the correct answer

More information

Total Mark ( 60 Marks) I. Reading ( 30 marks) A. Vocabulary ( 16 marks ) a. Choose the correct answer from a, b, c and d ( 4 x 2 = 8 marks )

Total Mark ( 60 Marks) I. Reading ( 30 marks) A. Vocabulary ( 16 marks ) a. Choose the correct answer from a, b, c and d ( 4 x 2 = 8 marks ) دولت الكىيج وزارة الرتبيت اإلدارة العبمت ملىطقت األمحدي الخعليميت الخىجيه الفىي لللغت اإلجنليسيت امخحبن الصف السببع وهبيت الفرتة الدراسيت األوىل 8117-8118 اجملبل الدراسي : اللغت اإلجنليسيت السمه : سبعخبن

More information

Lesson The Lion and the Mouse By Aesop. Reading Questions

Lesson The Lion and the Mouse By Aesop. Reading Questions Lesson 17 1. The Lion and the Mouse By Aesop A Lion was awakened from sleep by a Mouse running over his face. He rose up in anger, caught him and was about to kill him, when the Mouse piteously begged,

More information

Aims. Part 1: Lots of Sports in the Stadium. Story Summary. Before watching

Aims. Part 1: Lots of Sports in the Stadium. Story Summary. Before watching The Animal Olympics Aims to expose the children to spoken English in the form of oral storytelling, and to bring the story and characters of The Animal Olympics to life to encourage the children to respond

More information

I Vocabulary (6 m) II Grammar (4 m)

I Vocabulary (6 m) II Grammar (4 m) وزارة التربية التوجيه الفني العام للغة االنجليزية مدرسة مشعان الخضير المشعان م.ب العام الدراسي 2016/2015 اختبار الفترة الثالثة / الفصل الثاني الصف التاسع / الزمن : 90 دقيقه المجال الدراسي : اللغة اإلنجليزية

More information

Reading Skills Practice Test 13

Reading Skills Practice Test 13 Reading Skills Practice Test 13 READING COMPREHENSION Read each story. Then fill in the circle that best completes each sentence or answers each question. Have you ever seen someone on the beach with a

More information

اختبار هايت انفترة اندراسيت انثانثت

اختبار هايت انفترة اندراسيت انثانثت انعاو اندراسي 2014 / 2013 و دونت انكىيج اختبار هايت انفترة اندراسيت انثانثت وزارة انتربيت ان جال : انهغت اإل جهيسيت ي طقت انفر وا ية انتعهي يت انصف انتاسع يدرست : عبد ان حس انح ىد ان تىسطت ب ي االختبار

More information

The Olympic Games London 2012

The Olympic Games London 2012 ESL ENGLISH LESSON (60-120 mins) 15 th July 2012 The Olympic Games London 2012 The countdown to the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games in London continues. Final preparations are being made. The

More information

Short Story: 'The Open Boat' by Stephen Crane (Part 1)

Short Story: 'The Open Boat' by Stephen Crane (Part 1) 12 May 2012 MP3 at voaspecialenglish.com Short Story: 'The Open Boat' by Stephen Crane (Part 1) Library of Congress Stephen Crane BARBARA KLEIN: Now, the VOA Special English program AMERICAN STORIES. Our

More information

This is award is not in the South Pacific Manual but is on the North American Division web site.

This is award is not in the South Pacific Manual but is on the North American Division web site. Award Olympics This is award is not in the South Pacific Manual but is on the North American Division web site. WARNING - this means that if you order badges from your local Conference it could take a

More information

2 At the beach a) CD 3, track 20

2 At the beach a) CD 3, track 20 Unit 5, page 103 2 At the beach a) CD 3, track 20 Cawsand Beach on a warm, sunny, Saturday afternoon: an audio poem of sounds: the sound of the waves lapping on the beach, now and again a larger wave makes

More information

Objectives 1. To identify the importance of the Olympic Games. 2. To identify some important events at the Olympic Games.

Objectives 1. To identify the importance of the Olympic Games. 2. To identify some important events at the Olympic Games. The Olympic Games Objectives 1. To identify the importance of the Olympic Games. 2. To identify some important events at the Olympic Games. THE ANCIENT OLYMPIC GAMES The ancient Olympic games were held

More information

Total Mark ( 60 Marks) I. Reading ( 30 marks) A. Vocabulary ( 16 marks ) a. Choose the correct answer from a, b, c and d ( 4 x 2 = 8 marks )

Total Mark ( 60 Marks) I. Reading ( 30 marks) A. Vocabulary ( 16 marks ) a. Choose the correct answer from a, b, c and d ( 4 x 2 = 8 marks ) دولت الكىيج وزارة الرتبيت اإلدارة العبمت ملىطقت األمحدي الخعليميت الخىجيه الفىي لللغت اإلجنليسيت امخحبن الصف السببع وهبيت الفرتة الدراسيت األوىل 8117-8118 اجملبل الدراسي : اللغت اإلجنليسيت السمه : سبعخبن

More information

qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmq wertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqw ertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwer tyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwerty

qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmq wertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqw ertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwer tyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwerty qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmq wertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqw ertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwer Sample English test tyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwerty Aufnahmeprüfungen Schuljahr 2017/2018 uiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyui

More information

Reading. 1 Look at the text. Then underline the correct words to complete the sentences about it.

Reading. 1 Look at the text. Then underline the correct words to complete the sentences about it. Reading 1 Look at the text. Then underline the correct words to complete the sentences about it. a. The text presents instructions / the history of a game. b. Players need balls / racquets to play this

More information

Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas has a second golden opportunity

Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas has a second golden opportunity Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas has a second golden opportunity By Washington Post, adapted by Newsela staff on 07.06.16 Word Count 716 Gabby Douglas is aiming to be the rare woman gymnast to compete in

More information

THAMES EXAMINATIONS LEVEL SEVEN. June HOURS. Please answer ALL the questions. Family name. First name. Date of birth. Candidate number Town

THAMES EXAMINATIONS LEVEL SEVEN. June HOURS. Please answer ALL the questions. Family name. First name. Date of birth. Candidate number Town June 2017 THAMES EXAMINATIONS LEVEL SEVEN SECTION A : READING SECTION B : WRITING SECTION C : ENGLISH USAGE 2 Parts (20 marks) 2 Parts (20 marks) 2 Parts (20 marks) 2.5 HOURS Please answer ALL the questions

More information

IT S TALLER THAN THE EIFFEL TOWER! The minute hand of the Mecca clock is 22 meters long.

IT S TALLER THAN THE EIFFEL TOWER! The minute hand of the Mecca clock is 22 meters long. 8 IT S TALLER THAN THE EIFFEL TOWER! 76 The minute hand of the Mecca clock is 22 meters long. Preview A 2 28 Listen. Complete the sentences using the correct forms of the words in the box. long interesting

More information

I Complete the gaps in the following sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.

I Complete the gaps in the following sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets. SEMESTER 1 Practice test + key I Complete the gaps in the following sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets. a. Dear Fernando, I. (write) to say thank you for the present you sent me.

More information

smile ran will eat saw feeds will sing plays will cut threw

smile ran will eat saw feeds will sing plays will cut threw Past, Present, or Future Tense: Cut and Paste Warm Up: Let s Go! Read each verb below. Point backward for past tense. Point up for present. Point forward for future. is drawing, will draw, drew Cut out

More information

Instructions, Points & Marks

Instructions, Points & Marks Berufsmaturitätsschule English Entrance Examination 2013 9 March 2013 Cover Sheet Instructions, Points & Marks Name:. First Name:.. Your exam consists of the following three parts: Total time: 45 minutes

More information

READING AND LISTENING. A beach. By John Russell

READING AND LISTENING.  A beach. By John Russell READING AND LISTENING http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/magazine/beach A beach By John Russell life jacket water-sport cliff capsize (v.) paradise float (v.) sanctuary refuge anchor (v.) rock pool

More information

Flyers. Reading & Writing. Cambridge Young Learners English. My name is:... There are 50 questions. You have 40 minutes.

Flyers. Reading & Writing. Cambridge Young Learners English. My name is:... There are 50 questions. You have 40 minutes. Centre Number Candidate Number Cambridge Young Learners English Flyers Reading & Writing Version 151 0761 There are 50 questions. You have 40 minutes. You will need a pen or pencil. My name is:... DC (CW/JG)

More information

St Margaret College Half Yearly Examinations Name: Class: Reading Comprehension Read the following passage carefully.

St Margaret College Half Yearly Examinations Name: Class: Reading Comprehension Read the following passage carefully. St Margaret College Half Yearly Examinations 2012 Year 4 English Writing Time: 1h 15min Name: Class: Reading Comprehension Read the following passage carefully. (20 marks) Paul s New Bike For the first

More information

News English.com Ready-to-use ESL / EFL Lessons

News English.com Ready-to-use ESL / EFL Lessons www.breaking News English.com Ready-to-use ESL / EFL Lessons The Breaking News English.com Resource Book 1,000 Ideas & Activities For Language Teachers http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/book.html London

More information

1) While we... last night, we heard a loud noise.

1) While we... last night, we heard a loud noise. 1-A) Choose the correct answer: TEST (A) 1) While we... last night, we heard a loud noise. a- sleeping b- was sleeping c- were sleeping d-are sleeping 2-Mark came fifth in the race so, he didn't win..

More information

Vocabulary Worksheets

Vocabulary Worksheets by Rachel Spack Koch Intermediate level Azar Grammar Series: Fundamentals of English Grammar, 3rd edition Vocabulary Worksheets help students learn new vocabulary in the context of the grammar covered

More information

AIM Awards ESOL International Examinations (Anglia) Sample. Paper code: 001JJA7444S

AIM Awards ESOL International Examinations (Anglia) Sample. Paper code: 001JJA7444S Please stick your candidate label here CANDIDATE INSTRUCTIONS: Time allowed including listening TWO hours. Check your candidate label in the box above is correct. Answer ALL questions in PEN in the spaces

More information

lift walkie-talkies torch CD player mp3 player mobile phone electric fan laptop electric toothbrush games console

lift walkie-talkies torch CD player mp3 player mobile phone electric fan laptop electric toothbrush games console 3 RD FORM PRACTICE TEST 6 1- Match lift walkie-talkies torch CD player mp3 player mobile phone electric fan laptop electric toothbrush games console 1 2- Write was or were Yesterday James and Polly at

More information

Progress Monitoring Test 4a. rskills. A in a city B near a lake C on a farm D in a forest. A went. B going. C goes. D goed.

Progress Monitoring Test 4a. rskills. A in a city B near a lake C on a farm D in a forest. A went. B going. C goes. D goed. NamE Date rskills Progress Monitoring Test 4a Directions: This is a reading test. Follow the directions for each part of the test, and choose the best answer to each question. sample Questions Sample A.

More information

Mongolian landscape Ulaanbator The Gobi Desert (Picture: flickr/tiarescott) (Picture: wikipedia/aineias) (Picture: wikipedia/aineias)

Mongolian landscape Ulaanbator The Gobi Desert (Picture: flickr/tiarescott) (Picture: wikipedia/aineias) (Picture: wikipedia/aineias) THIS IS WHO WE ARE There are many mountain ranges in Mongolia with mountains higher than 4000 metres. But Mongolia is also known for its steppe and desert regions. The largest desert region in Asia is

More information

ENGLISH KEY STAGE 2 2004 READING LEVELS 3 5 Page 5 7 9 11 13 14 Total Borderline chec Mars Reading Answer Boolet You Can Do It First Name Last Name School ry Instructions Questions and Answers In this

More information

Ways to Maintain Friendships

Ways to Maintain Friendships Unit 1 Making Friends Ways to Maintain Friendships Skimming Skimming is used to identify the main ideas of a text quickly. People also skim a text to see whether it is of interest to them. You can use

More information

Tricky Riddles. Here is a great list of tricky riddles (with answers) for you to solve. Some of these riddles are funny and good for kids.

Tricky Riddles. Here is a great list of tricky riddles (with answers) for you to solve. Some of these riddles are funny and good for kids. Tricky Riddles Here is a great list of tricky riddles (with answers) for you to solve. Some of these riddles are funny and good for kids. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he

More information

Athletics. History. How Athletics Works

Athletics. History. How Athletics Works Athletics Many people have memories of competing in athletics, or "track and field", in school. Some competed in running events, such as sprints and longer-distance races, or jumping events, such as high

More information

The town of Zanesville Was on the side of a hill A nice place to grow up, no mistake It had shops, it had schools It had parks, it had pools It had a

The town of Zanesville Was on the side of a hill A nice place to grow up, no mistake It had shops, it had schools It had parks, it had pools It had a The town of Zanesville Was on the side of a hill A nice place to grow up, no mistake It had shops, it had schools It had parks, it had pools It had a lovely and temperate lake 1 2 The lake water was clean

More information

Lesson Objectives. Core Content Objectives. Language Arts Objectives

Lesson Objectives. Core Content Objectives. Language Arts Objectives Lesson Objectives Habitat Destruction and 9 Endangered Species Core Content Objectives Students will: Explain why living things live in habitats to which they are particularly suited Identify the characteristics

More information

She Ran Like the Wind

She Ran Like the Wind UNIT 4 WEEK 2 Read the article She Ran Like the Wind before answering Numbers 1 through 5. She Ran Like the Wind In 1960, a record was broken in Rome, Italy, when Wilma Rudolph became the first American

More information

Grammar and vocabulary

Grammar and vocabulary Grammar and vocabulary A. Write the opposite Example: pass fail patient dangerous upstairs buy find B. Underline the stressed syllable. example: builder address email university exist nothing invented

More information

A) Choose the correct answer from a, b, c and d : (4x 1= 4 Marks)

A) Choose the correct answer from a, b, c and d : (4x 1= 4 Marks) وزارة التربية منطقة مبارك الكبير التعليمية التوجيه الفني للغة اإلنجليزية الزمن : ساعتان العام الدراسي: 2018/2017 امتحان تجريبي نهاية الفصل الدراسي الثاني الصف: الثامن االمتحان في ( 7 ) صفحات ============================================================================

More information

Sight Word Basketball Rules

Sight Word Basketball Rules Sight Word Basketball Rules This is a 2 player game. 1.) Print out the game board You can laminate the game board so that it lasts longer if you wish. 2.) Print out or choose sight words you would your

More information

4. Which means the opposite of. 5. What is the day crawled along an

4. Which means the opposite of. 5. What is the day crawled along an Name: Date: WEEK 21 1 Read the text and then answer the questions. Adrian was eager for the school day to be over. He had arranged to meet some friends to play basketball, and he wanted to leave right

More information

Home Tutor Scheme. Lesson Plan. Topic: OLYMPIC GAMES

Home Tutor Scheme. Lesson Plan. Topic: OLYMPIC GAMES Home Tutor Scheme Lesson Plan Topic: OLYMPIC GAMES 1. INTRODUCTION & CONVERSATION Warm-up questions About the Olympics 2. QUESTION & ANSWER Sporting equipment 3. VOCABULARY Sport & Olympic vocabulary practice

More information

T W TH F. The lion & The Mouse. Week: Activities: Week: M

T W TH F. The lion & The Mouse. Week: Activities: Week: M Term The lion & The Mouse Weeks: Language: What was the Lion doing? Who annoyed the Lion? How? What happened to the Lion? How did he get trapped? Why do you think the other animals didn t help the Lion?

More information

Words read in 1 minute Minus number of mistakes = total words read correctly Adult signature

Words read in 1 minute Minus number of mistakes = total words read correctly Adult signature Fry Sight Word Phrases-1 st 100 p. 1 The people. 2 By the water. 5 You and I. 8 He called me. 11 What did they say? 15 No way. 17 One or two. 20 More than the other. 24 How many words? 27 This is a good

More information

a slower than the DART train and the 6 You can go skateboarding or b on the Halfpenny Bridge. c in the Phoenix Park. Listening

a slower than the DART train and the 6 You can go skateboarding or b on the Halfpenny Bridge. c in the Phoenix Park. Listening A Reading Dublin My name is Marcia. My parents come from Nigeria, but I was born in Dublin. Dublin is the capital of the Republic of Ireland. About. million people live in or around the city. In 007, Dublin

More information

CISD ELAR Grade 4 Unit 01

CISD ELAR Grade 4 Unit 01 CISD ELAR Grade 4 Unit 01 Some questions (c) 2012 by CSCOPE. Page 2 Source www.readprint.com, printed in 1891, Gutenburg Books, out of print The Maiden Who Loved a Fish 1) There once was a girl named Awashanks

More information

Football Vocabulary. English. Vocabulary: The pitch: English centre spot. Vocabulary: The pitch: English corners. Vocabulary: The pitch:

Football Vocabulary. English. Vocabulary: The pitch: English centre spot. Vocabulary: The pitch: English corners. Vocabulary: The pitch: 1. centre circle The centre circle is a large circle around the centre spot. For the kick-off the opposing players must not enter the centre circle. 2. centre spot The centre spot is a small circle in

More information

Write these words from the article next to their meanings. The paragraph numbers will help you. scene artists pier busy fireworks

Write these words from the article next to their meanings. The paragraph numbers will help you. scene artists pier busy fireworks 1 Warmer: words and sounds Did you notice that the two adjectives before the name of the town start with the same letter as the town? Use your dictionary to make similar slogans for your town. For example,

More information

Vocabulary Extra. TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE: Sports facts. Pre-intermediate 1 (Unit 1, p13: Sports and exercise) Review. Extension

Vocabulary Extra. TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE: Sports facts. Pre-intermediate 1 (Unit 1, p13: Sports and exercise) Review. Extension Pre-intermediate 1 (Unit 1, p13: Sports and exercise) 1 Match each sport from the box with the correct clue a h. yoga B1 hockey A2 karate running A2 skiing A2 swimming A2 tennis A1 volleyball A2 Guess

More information

LOCAL: BATXILLERAT 2 GRAU SUPERIOR DE CICLES FORMATIUS (PAGE 1)

LOCAL: BATXILLERAT 2 GRAU SUPERIOR DE CICLES FORMATIUS (PAGE 1) LOCAL: BATXILLERAT 2 GRAU SUPERIOR DE CICLES FORMATIUS (PAGE 1) 1. Match the words with the correct definition. There are four extra words. cave risky deep cliff adapting take down version challenge try

More information

TRACK & FIELD. Athletics

TRACK & FIELD. Athletics TRACK & FIELD Athletics Many people have memories of competing in athletics, or "track and field", in school. Some competed in running events, such as sprints and longer-distance races, or jumping events,

More information

Half-Yearly Exams Maria Regina College Scholastic Year 2016 / 2017

Half-Yearly Exams Maria Regina College Scholastic Year 2016 / 2017 Half-Yearly Exams Maria Regina College Scholastic Year 2016 / 2017 Social Studies Half-Yearly (2016/2017) MARKING SCHEME Year Five Fishing and Aquaculture Exercise A 1. false 2. false 3. true 4. true 5.

More information

Unit 4 - Penguin Rock Band

Unit 4 - Penguin Rock Band balance / base / dive / enemy / instrument / march / ocean / seal / stack / team Unit 4 Unit 4 - Penguin Rock Band balance base dive enemy instrument march ocean seal stack team 4A Introduction Ever seen

More information

7 Sport SPORTS QUIZ. Vocabulary Sports. 1 e. 3 e. What sports are popular in your country? Unit 7. I can talk about different sports.

7 Sport SPORTS QUIZ. Vocabulary Sports. 1 e. 3 e. What sports are popular in your country? Unit 7. I can talk about different sports. 7 Sport OPTIONS CLIL p110 + Culture p119 Vocabulary Sports I can talk about different sports. GO + Exam Focus p128 + Literature p102 SPORTS What sports are popular in your country? QUIZ 1 e 7.1 Match ten

More information

WELCOME! I am so excited to be with you today!!! HOW TO DIFFERENTIATE COMPREHENSION INSTRUCTION FOR STRUGGLING STUDENTS SESSION 2

WELCOME! I am so excited to be with you today!!! HOW TO DIFFERENTIATE COMPREHENSION INSTRUCTION FOR STRUGGLING STUDENTS SESSION 2 WELCOME! I am so excited to be with you today!!! HOW TO DIFFERENTIATE COMPREHENSION INSTRUCTION FOR STRUGGLING STUDENTS SESSION 2 Jill Jackson jill@jackson-consulting.com 1 Differentiating Our Teaching

More information

VOCABULARY UNIT 11 Think about the ecological situation in the world and write a report using the following word combinations:

VOCABULARY UNIT 11 Think about the ecological situation in the world and write a report using the following word combinations: VOCABULARY UNIT 11 I. Think about the ecological situation in the world and write a report using the following word combinations: To protect animals, to purify water, to clean streets, to save birds, to

More information

SPEAK ENGLISH NOW PODCAST

SPEAK ENGLISH NOW PODCAST SPEAK ENGLISH NOW PODCAST #016 How to improve your English Speaking skills during summer holidays? Hi, dear student! I'm Georgiana, founder of SpeakEnglishPodcast.com. My mission is to help YOU speak English

More information

Desert Trek. Alex Tamayo. High Noon Books Novato, California

Desert Trek. Alex Tamayo. High Noon Books Novato, California Desert Trek Alex Tamayo High Noon Books Novato, California Contents 1 Friends.... 1 2 The Trip.... 6 3 The First Problem....10 4 Red Camper...14 5 Snake Canyon...19 6 Rattlesnake...22 7 Ride for Help....28

More information

News English.com Ready-to-use ESL / EFL Lessons

News English.com Ready-to-use ESL / EFL Lessons www.breaking News English.com Ready-to-use ESL / EFL Lessons The Breaking News English.com Resource Book 1,000 Ideas & Activities For Language Teachers http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/book.html English

More information

The London riots. ESL ENGLISH LESSON ( mins) 10 th August 2011

The London riots. ESL ENGLISH LESSON ( mins) 10 th August 2011 ESL ENGLISH LESSON (60-120 mins) 10 th August 2011 The London riots London Tuesday 9 th August - lunchtime - The capital was overnight once again under attack from a mob of rioters. Parliament has been

More information

TITLE: READING. Instructions: Quickly read the first two paragraphs. Stop and think of an appropriate title for this article.

TITLE: READING. Instructions: Quickly read the first two paragraphs. Stop and think of an appropriate title for this article. READING Instructions: Quickly read the first two paragraphs. Stop and think of an appropriate title for this article. TITLE: 1. Australian Rules Football is commonly called Aussie rules or simply footy.

More information

Olympic Torch Tours UK

Olympic Torch Tours UK ESL ENGLISH LESSON (60-120 mins) 10 th June 2012 Olympic Torch Tours UK The Olympic torch relay is currently touring the United Kingdom for 70 days ahead of the London 2012 Olympic Games. Large crowds

More information

Red Cross Swim Preschool Salamander Lesson #1

Red Cross Swim Preschool Salamander Lesson #1 Lesson #1 Salamanders New Adventure Sea Otters are now becoming Salamanders. Review of past skills and introduction of new skills 3 Welcome the swimmers and take attendance. We are introduced to our Instructor

More information

MODERATOR: Have you had the chance to fish or will you go fishing this week?

MODERATOR: Have you had the chance to fish or will you go fishing this week? PRE-TOURNAMENT INTERVIEW January 24, 2018 BRITTANY LINCICOME MODERATOR: We would like to welcome in our defending champion here at the Pure Silk Bahamas LPGA Classic, Brittany Lincicome. You washed that

More information

Categories of sports

Categories of sports Unit 2 Categories of sports Individual: cycling, chess, athletics, gymnastics Team: volleyball, football, basketball, hockey Summer: golf, swimming, surfing Winter: skiing, skating, curling, snowboarding

More information